Skip to main content

Big Bad Con - about me


As a longer version of my Twitter (@HansCTweets) #BigBadCon2019 intro:

Hi, I’m Hans! I use he/him pronouns. 
 
I like to make, hack, run and play games. I do want to talk to you about games.
 
OK with photos and physical contact but please ask!
 
Very easily distracted and hyperfocused.
 
I drink coffee constantly but no alcohol.

I’m here to meet people, play games, be excited and pick up cool stuff! 
 
Won’t get to the Con until 6 on Thursday, maybe as late as 8 Friday, but all day Sat and Sun!
 
I will be volunteering as a Ranger greeting on Saturday 2-5pm and hosting Games on Demand Sunday 8am-12noon.
 
Big Bad Con is going to be my first con in a while. I'm looking for new opportunities and to connect with new friends. I've done a lot of streaming and online games lately and would really love to expand upon that.

I've also started many RPG projects and would love to get more incentive to see them finished. There are a bunch of examples here on the blog and even more lying around in my Google Docs!

Tabletop RPGs were the first place I found friends, community and a voice as a young person. As I've grown they've always proved my best way to meet and appreciate new people. This weekend is all about that for me. I'm trying to leave space to learn, play, connect and shop, but I have a few games scheduled to play as well as several panels and events.

If you see me, please say hi!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bad Con - before the con

First, I love this title, which sounds like some kind of prequel novel! Getting ready for Big Bad Con is reminding me that I have lots of outlets for sharing my creativity with people. I meant to go to Big Bad Con last year. I didn't get things together, which may have been some kind of anxiety or executive dysfunction. It's been a long time since I gamed with people I've never met in public and I'm honestly nervous about how I'm going to come across and what I'm going to do. https://www.bigbadcon.com/ But I need Big Bad Con too. Some of the reasons: To meet people I've come to appreciate online in person. To make new connections and be inspired. To challenge myself, because the more people you tell you will do something, the better chance you actually do it. I find myself interested in developing new games, streaming new shows and making more creative collaborative projects. This is going to be a great opportunity. Here's my scheduled ev

Cypher Mon - Monster Battling Cypher Hack Premise

I'm taking the long way around to another Cypher System hack. There is a lot to love about the Cypher System; in this case I want to emphasize the ease of creating NPCs and other entities by level. The Cypher System uses levels to abstract everything outside of player characters. They're generally rated 1-10 with 10 being the best. When you compare 2 things and they have different levels, the one with the higher level wins. You can make quick decisions based on that system or do things in a more granular fashion using these same rules. So here are some things I want to lay out in Cypher System for a monster battling setting. 1. Easy monster creation and ways to classify weakness/strength based on type. This would be something like: Splash (Level 3 Water Mon) Water Type is Strong against Earth types and Weak against Wood types. 2. Character Types based upon Monster Battling. Revising the default types of Cypher (Warrior, Adept, Explorer, Speaker) to be based around